RE: (no subject)4x4 or not

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 13:31:59 EDT

Don't know anything about 4x4's - don't have one - I think they're cool
though! That being said, I would like to point out that for everyday
tooling around town, your motor won't care about a 10% weight increase.
Where performance is concerned, however, it will. Yes, I can tell the
difference when I've got a couple of people riding with me, or I can
tell the difference when my tank is full vs. empty. Easily noticed - to
me at least. And I've never seen a reg cab 4x4 - only clubs, so the
weight difference would even be more (I've got a reg cab).

Please don't rib me about "who drives like a bat out of hell enough to
tell the difference". I DO!!! heh heh......

Yes - I wish I had a 4wd when it's muddy as hell and I'm deer hunting -
yes I wish I had a club cab when it's raining and I've got lots of
groceries to get home. So there - you have your satisfaction!

BTW - yes, I use my truck as a TRUCK, not just as a tire boiler. I
buckled the bed panel behind the cab the other day while slamming the
tailgate to make a set of box springs from a friends bed "fit". Not
complaining - my fault (dumbass), but like I'd heard before, the front
of the bed is THIN. Gotta be careful. I'd hate to see what Robert and I
could do to a truck together if you turned us loose!!! DOH!!!! Scrap
heap!!!!

Tate "wide open throttle in a reg cab V8 rules!" Strickland