97 Clubcab Bad module, stalling after upgrade

From: lc (lincut@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 17:17:38 EDT

Hello,

I don't write much to the list, but enjoy very much all the postings.

I have a 97 club cab, 2wd and to respond to the thread that wonders why bother
with a 2wd, I too dont' live in a snowy area, don't use the truck for off road
purposes but we do haul gardening supplies, make dump runs and use for hauling
our 100# German Shepherd in the back seat and 2 cats in carriers as well as
shopping around town. It is perfect for our needs. We also like that it is the
3.9 litre 6 cyl and it is powerful enough to tow small camping trailers, even
popups.

Lately, we have had a problem, with dying after ignition and it is worse when it
get up to proper temperature. It eventually doesn't start at all, even when cold
after a few days. It tries to recover at first few tries, then will stall
whenever I'm idling at a stop sign or light.

We were informed by the dealer that an upgrade was the answer, we had that done,
a flash ROM upgrade 3 weeks ago. It started doin it again this weekend, dealer
said now we have a bad module, what ever that is!

 Anyone else have this ? or heard of it?

Thanks in advance

L. Cutter

--