Re: Safety Problem with Seat Belt on '98

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 17:57:49 EDT

I was under the impression that there was a pendulum of sorts that
controlled the actuation of seat belt lock-up. Depending on the
deceleration, whether a panic stop or actual collision, this pendulum
swings and activates the lock up. There may also be a mechanism that
senses the speed of seat belt deployment and engages the lock-up.

gk
Gary E. Klim - Somewhere in central Connecticut garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ gklim@harman.com