Re: Bad Module + RT's in Canada

From: Mike (mrd@mb.sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Apr 11 1998 - 18:39:48 EDT

> On my 97 CC 3.9L, with the bad module and the strange starting problem. They
> replace the PCM module, I don't know yet what that is. But the diagnostic at the
> dealer showed it was bad.
>
> anyone else know what it is?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nice to have it back, dealer had it a week!!! Had to send to Portland, OR for
> the part!

Powertrain Control Module - just had mine replaced about 4 hours ago on
my 98 Sport. There was only one available in Canada (supposedly) so it
took a few days to come in. Seems to have fixed everything that was
wrong. Also got new door moulding while I was there to cut down on some
of the wind noise. Still is a little loud for my liking.

I was also suprised to see a red Club Cab RT sitting on the lot! Didn't
think there would be too many dealers in Canada (let alone Northern
Canada) who would have any. No power windows, no overhead console, but
still looked great. Sticker price was $28,400 Canadian. Not sure what
that translates to American.

Mike
98 Dakota Sport 4x4 Auto Club Cab Black