I am not happy!!!

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Sat Apr 11 1998 - 19:04:33 EDT

Well, I took my '98 Dakota Sport (w/318 Magnum) into the dealer because =
someone at the factory had put the oil filter on gorilla tight. While I =
had it in there I told them to listen to the ticking noise. They said =
that it was a lifters and that they would probably have to replace all =
of them!! This on a truck that has 950 miles on it!! I agree with them =
that it is a noisy lifter. I changed my oil to Valvoline Durablend =
10W40. and it hasn't made any difference. although my oil pressure stays =
up a little bit higher before dropping at idle than before. I was =
talking to a guy who has an old Magnum with a Chrysler 400. He says =
that he can change his lifters w/o taking off the intake manifold. He =
says that the head is open around the pushrods, and that you can take a =
magnet and pull them all out one at a time. Does anyone know if this is =
true on the 318 (5.2L)? The less that a dealer has to tear into an =
engine, the better. Anyway, this Friday I plan to take the Dakota to =
another dealer for a second opinion. I've allready had the starter go =
out at 300 miles, I hope that I don't have a lemon. I still really like =
the truck, but I want it right. I live in the northern Cincinnati, Ohio =
area, can anyone recommend a really good Dodge dealership? I don't know =
if I can trust the dealership that I bought the truck from (Lebanon =
Chrysler-Plymouth). Thanks in advance for all of your replies!!!