K&N Air Filter

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Sat Apr 11 1998 - 20:18:59 EDT

In conjunction with the first oil change in my 98, I installed an OEM
style K&N air filter. After a half tank of gas, it seems as though
there's a subjective improvement throughout the powerband. The biggest
gain seem to be in the midrange. Downshifts have a larger "grin factor".
What all this means in terms of actual numbers, I haven't a clue. Anyone
have dyno numbers on a 318 w/auto before and after the K&N?

Mileage seems to have improved about 2mpg. Is this consistent with
others using the K&N?

BTW, I learned that wearing gloves while removing the oil filter is NOT
optional. OUCH!

gk
Gary E. Klim - Somewhere in central Connecticut garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ gklim@harman.com