Peeling Bumpers

From: Cbagdad@AOL.COM
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 07:57:55 EDT

I thought this issue was resolved for everybody. On the new trucks you have
whats called a "warranty"! The one on my 97 CCsport(5.2, whatelse?) peeled
and it was replaced with a 98 Bumper. The difference is the clear coat, which
is whats peeling. If you look at a 97 trucks bumper, its semi-gloss looking.
A 98's is flat black. It seems to me they just deleted the clear to avoid this
problem. I do not know of any 98's having this problem, if they are, then as
one other DML'er wrote, The answer is spelled "SLT".
  One other note: Mine was the first one brought to the attention of my dealer,
and the CC rep was there, he said they would replace it no problem, except
that the bumpers were on nat'l backorder! I did get lucky in the fact that
the parts manager had stockpiled 5 bumpers(dont know why) and it was done that
day. (Danbury, CT) if anybody needs one in the area.