Re: Re: BUG SHIELD

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 12:26:20 EDT

At 06:53 AM 4/12/98 , you wrote:

>First off..thanks for all the responses. Nowhere in the instructions did it
>say to "dewax" the hood. And...to be honest with you...I am not going to
>strip the wax off my hood for a bug deflector. I have spent WAY too many
>hours putting on all those layers of wax. So, if this is really the problem,
>please let me know so l can throw the thing away.

It's not necessary to dewax the entire hood, only the area where the tape
goes. The bug shield I got came with a supply of alcohol swabs (like tiny
Handi-Wipes soaked in rubbing alcohol) used to wipe the area where the tape
goes. Although I haven't had it on long enough to be qualified as an expert
on the subject <cough cough> I would guess that the tape would not stick as
well on wax as it would on bare paint (clear coat?). Don't give up yet,
you'll get it on there. Good luck.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed