Re: Fwd: tweets was DAKOTA -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 09:24:30 EDT

thanks ya'll! I'll probably get an EQ to soften up the highs a little just in
case they do blow me away. Kick panels, huh? might have to try that.
thanks
-mike sykes

>>> jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net> 04/10/98 07:55pm >>>
I got advice from Stilwater Designs (makers of Kicker speakers). They
said use6.5
mid woofers in doors and dont send any freq over 500 cps to them and
put tweets
in kick panels at an angle aimed at dome light for correct imaging. They
recommended their isobaric 10' woofer in sealed cabnet behind seat for
sub base.
you definately dont want anything but bass coming from anywhere but
kick panel
areas. The idea is to get the high freq sources as far away from
passengers in
order to lessen diference in distance from left and right channel from
listners.

Jim Miller
Waco. Tx
Dakless (not for long)