Re: Colormatched Taillight Covers and Ventshades?

From: Michael D Gemelke (Michael.D.Gemelke@wdc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 10:50:39 EDT

To answer the second part of the question: I just got a pair of ABS
plastic taillights colors. They came as black plastic with a gel-coat. I
think that's pretty standard. I got a can of (duracolor?) paint from the
local Champion AP store and painted right on top of the gel-coat. They
turned out great! To get a perfect match, get a can of clearcoat also,
and put on a couple of coats of that after the color coat has completely
dried. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they matched.

-Mike