Re: I am not happy!!! -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 18:55:47 EDT

I got my TC done here recently and the tensioner helped a lot... worth the
30bones if you ask me-
-mike
88V6LE3.55AUTO

>>> Howard Olson <olson.howard@mcleodusa.net> 04/12/98 08:43pm

This is probably a non-issue but my 93 (not a V-8 but a V-6) sounded
just
like noisy lifters but it was actually timing chain slap. Put a new chain
and gears in and it stopped for about a month then came right back.
Found
a technical service bulletin from Chrysler that has addressed the issue
by
adding a tensioner to the timing chain....runs about 30 bucks for the part.
Just picked it up this weekend and have not installed yet....looks like it
should take care of the noise.

If they replace your lifters and the noise is still there, I would look into
having them add the tensioner.

I would hope that this is something that has long ago been addressed
and is
already included on your 98. I would certainly bring this up when you go
for your second opinion....

Good Luck!!