RE: tweets was DAKOTA -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 09:46:29 EDT

hhhmmm... ya' think I could fit one of those bad boys 12's behind the seat
of my 88' Dak? I'm all about it! Thanks man!
-mike sykes
88V6LE3.55AUTO

>>> "Collins, Richard" <collinsr@ccmangum.com> 04/13/98 10:56am >>>
> I'm not sold on the Solobaric. They need a whole lot of power. I'm all
> about the JL audio W6 series. They hit just as hard, if not
> harder, use
> half the power, and are just a small as the Solobaric. And
> they cost half
> as much!!! You know where my money is going!
> -mike
> 88V6LE3.55AUTO

Well, in my oppinion, if you want the punch and power of a W6, but in a
smaller enclosure, look at the Rockford Fosgate DVC line. I've seen and
heard a box with 2 DVC 12s in it that was so thin the magnet only missed
the back of the box by .5-1" and it only had about 1" clearance on all
sides of the speakers. When you can build a box that is BARELY bigger
than the speaker itself, you're doing good! And that box was in the
back of a mustang being pushed by a 250.1 and hitting 141db in a
competition. Not bad for 2 12's in a sealed box in a trunk...

DVC 12's will run you $150-200 a piece. They're dual 4ohm voice coils
too. Power handling is 800 watts peak and 400 watts RMS.

Check 'em out!

Richard Collins
collinsr@ccmangum.com
98 SLT+ CC 5.2L FIPK