Re: Radar Jammers Revisited

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 12:35:12 EDT

At 01:32 PM 4/14/98 , you wrote:

><< Has any one else heard of this product or have and first hand experience
> with it? >>
>
>The passive ones don't work. There's been many tests done on them, and they
>simply don't work.

Are you speaking from first hand experience or are you simply repeating
what you have hear or read from other sources? Where might one find
documentation for these many tests that have been done. Please understand
that this is not meant to be a flame nor am I trying to imply that you
don't know what you're talking about. It's just that I have never heard of
anything like this before and would like to learn more about it out of
curiosity and my own quest for knowledge.

> If you wan't one that's going to work (atleast say, half
>the time :)) you're going to have to get an active one, which are most likely
>illegal. Then again, so is speeding, so what's your worry?

Active radar jammers are definitely illegal. I think the worry would be the
difference between a (relatively) simple speeding ticket and a federal
charge of broadcasting on police radar frequency without a license. :-o

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed