tire wear/bumpy ride

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 11:51:46 EDT

All the discussion on tire wear and/or bumpy rides reminds me of some advice
I recently received from the owner of the shop where I buy my tires (33
years experience):
Keep your tire pressures at max sidewall rating for maximum wear and eveness
of wear. The pressures listed on the door panel are a compromise between
soft ride and wear, with soft ride the most important criterion.
So, if you can accept a firmer (some would say harsher) ride but want max
tire life...give it a try. It works for me.