Re: Re: Lubricant -Reply

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 19:05:16 EDT

<< Well, I guess I get to be the contrary voice concerning WD-40. I used it
 about 3 or 4 times a year in the 87 Toyota 4x4 I recently sold with no
 adverse effects. Perhaps in a dusty, off road environment, WD-40 would
 not be the best choice. The closest my 98 DAK gets to a dirt road is the
 1/4 mile gravel driveway at a friend's house.

 (Now engaging "anti-flame" countermeasures...)

 gk >>

The desert race cars I used to work on were doused in WD-40 before every race.
All body panels and suspension pieces were covered with it. Made cleaning all
the mud and grime off a lot easier. But I have seen it collect dirt in areas.

Brad