Re: Re: 1998 R/T for sale

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Sat Apr 18 1998 - 19:18:09 EDT

> From: N2mopars <N2mopars@aol.com>

> << Repeat after me: 1 of 2000. And you can you say "only a truck?" >>

> Can you say investment?
>
> Brad

Investment? One would do better putting your money in the bank as
very few cars/trucks appreciate. (Some just depreciate less than
others). Lots of people have been burnt bying into that fantasy.

I'd buy an R/T only 'cause I'd like driving it and if it keeps its
value pretty good all the better, but don't fool yourself thinking
your Dak is gonna be returning Shelby Cobra prices in a few years
if ever. Of course dealers would love to see people believe this and
feed the feeding frenzy (sticker prices vs invoice prices). As
someone else said, just see what '99 R/T's go for (or a roll yer own
5.9) and you won't feel the '98's were worth the premium.

A nice truck, yes...but not at scalper prices.

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp 4WABS