Re: Radiator Problems

From: Mopar (lambertc@egr.uri.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 19 1998 - 19:53:43 EDT

exactly how would one know if this has happened, cannot keep coolant in
my radiator above a certain level, if i fill the radiator, or the
resivoir, the level always returns to the same level of just barely above
the fins of the radiator.

thanks,

Chris Lambert

At 06:13 PM 4/19/98 -0400, you wrote:=20

<excerpt><bigger>Just thought I'd let everyone now about a potential
problem they may have with there Dakotas once they get some miles on=20
them. The radiators that Dodge use on Daks are of the high efficiency
type meaning they have a lot of fins per inch in them. This works great
when your Dak is new but after a few years of driving the radiator will
begin to plug up with dirt and bugs causing the truck to run hotter,
especially on hills, and will eventually blow out the top tank on the
radiator. This seems to be a pretty big problem, because I've repaired
or replaced a awful lot of them of late. The fix is to remove the rad.
and blow through it from the fan side with air or better yet a pressure
washer at the car wash. Just be careful not to get to close as it will
damage the fins. Hope this saves some of you any trouble! =20
                     P.S. I will soon be puttin a new motor in my 88 drag
Dak. and hope to run some LOW 10's at 130mph or so!!=20
YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW! I'll keep everybody posted!</bigger> <bigger>Dahrl
Clark

Clarks Radiator Service

dclark@nb.net</bigger>=20

</excerpt>