Re: Re: 1998 R/T for sale

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 10:48:59 EDT

>Scalpers prices? You can buy a R/T for less than $20,000.BTW, another
advantage
 to these trucks, is the low insurance. I'm paying $600.00 a year.

If you're paying list you're paying scalpers prices. I haven't gone to
the KBB page to compare ivoice vs list on an R/T but on my truck there
was a $4k diff between what it listed for and what I paid ($100 over
invoice). As others have pointed out that kind of money can go a long way
to upgrade a stock 5.2. To each their own, but I don't care to line the
local dealers pocket for no work on his part. Sure the R/T is a great
truck, especially if you get it without the middle man scalper. I think
I'd play the game differently if I had time on my hands (if you don't
need the truck ASAP 'cause your only transpotation is dying). Hit a number
of dealers with a offer of $500 over invoice and tell 'em you're moving
on if they don't want a guaranteed sale today. Some (maybe most) will stay
greedy, but maybe some will be happy to move the truck with the additional
$500 over the holdback they are getting. You never know til you try, but
thats probably $3k or more to be had without rolling over without a fight.

(I hate the process, glad it`s done for the next few years and a big THANKS to
KBB and Edmunds, etc....knowledge is power! :-)

-Bob T. '98 Sport+ CC 4X4 V8 5sp 4WABS 3.55 Towing