Re: Headers(jim)

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 01:10:17 EDT

Robert Trottmann wrote:

> I'll second that opinion. I had my Doug Thorleys installed at the dealer:
> $380. Should have gone to my friend who knows about working on cars and had
> him help me. I couldn't have done it alone, but certainly could have done it.
> How old is your truck. The newer, the easier.
> Later,
> Robert

When I was looking around the best price I found for installation was
$175 so yeah $380 at the dealer sounds like way to much. If you can get
all the stock stuff off it shouldn't be very hard. It took me 20 hours
of lying on the garage floor to get mine done. My problem was lack of
tools. I couldn't get the Y pipe to seperate so I had to cut it, no
tools so I used a hacksaw blade and vise-grips and a dremel. Hell I
didn't even have any jack stands, just a hydrolic jack and a milk
carton! Makes it hard to work on something that's 2 inches above your
face. But after everything was off putting the new stuff on took maybe
2 hours. But if I had to do it again I'd gladly pay someone else to do
it. I mean I saved $175, but man did I earn it!

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com