Re: Coil, wires, etc...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 26 1998 - 17:43:29 EDT

At 12:40 PM 4/26/98 -0400, you wrote:

><< The thing I'm having the main problem with is the coil. Originally,
> I was planning on getting an MSD Blaster 3 coil. However, I was looking
> through the Summit catalog today, and it said that the Blaster 3 was
> only for MSD ignitions. However, I don't see anything to that effect in
> the MSD catalog. In fact, the MSD catalog seems to imply that the Blaster
> 3 will work with MSD ignitions or most modern stock ignitions. >>
>
>Jon
>
>I am using the Blaster 3 both with MSD and Stock with no problems. Also I have
>the MSD 8.5 wires, came in a kit for the 318/360 engines and has all ends and
>the right length wires. I would go with the blaster 3 as the blaster 2 needs a
>adapter which was kind of a piece of crap.

  Thanks! Those are the "SuperConductor" wires, right? Do I need
a part number, or will Summit or Jegs know the right kit for my engine?

>Bill
>
>Are you planning to run the 29th and did you get your hood painted ?

  Yep, I'm planning on coming up; unfortunately my hood won't be done
by then. I'm still waiting for my tonneau cover; the shipping company
is farting around with it in Buffalo somewhere. I am hoping it comes
Monday. After a dry-fit, I can lock down a time with the body shop. Won't
have it for the 29th, and maybe not for the first race of May either;
hopefully it'll be done by then though. How about you?

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.