Re: Shift Kits for DAKS....

From: Mori 4 (Mori4@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 15:41:10 EDT

   I'm not 100% positive but I believe the R/T uses the 46RE (727 based
tranny) and not the A518 (904 based) . Shane

hayesdm@scott.net wrote:

> Hello everyone, new to this list. I bought myself a 98 CC RT a few
> weeks ago and have been lurking in here reading the posts ever
> since.
>
> So far I LOVE the RT. Probably no faster than a 318 with a 5 speed,
> but I figured if I was going to start, I might as well start with the
> 360!
>
> Anyway, my question is about improving the shift feel of the
> transmission? It's the HD 4 speed auto and the shifts are so soft
> ans sluggish (I came out of a 95 Z28 that shifted as tightly as most
> manuals) that I would love to firm it up a bit. I know there are
> kits for almost all GM trans, but am somewhat unfamilar with the
> newer Dodge transmissions.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Donny M Hayes
There are many places to get a shift kit for your A518 but I like using
Atlanta Moparts. They have a shift kit listed for $44.95. You can give
them a call at 404-766-MOPAR. They know there stuff when it comes to
Mopars and Magnum motors. They are also at www.moparts.com.

Jerry Dalton