Re: Re: CD Player -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 17:51:16 EDT

Are you referring to watts per channel? If so, a factory 6 speaker
system will usually put out 40-60 watts per channel, which comes out
to around 300 watts total. Of course we are referring to peak output,
which is with the volume turned up a considerable amount and at a
louder part in the song at a certain frequency. The RMS power output
of a head unit in so variable, it is useless to print because of
fluctuating power output and OHM loads as the unit demansd more power
from the engine, and draws on Alernating current which is variable.
You never know when your bass note is gonna' hit while you are on an
off moment. What it all boils down to is, the Pioneer is measuring
Peak watts Total across all channels, while the factory is measured
Peak watts per channels. Apples and Oranges. The Pioneer will have
cleaner amps and cleaner power, and sound more balanced. Once again,
Apples and Oranges-
-mike sykes
88V6LE3.55AUTO

>>> jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net> 4/24/98, 08:38pm >>>
My Pioneer DEH-P85DHR cd player puts out 140 watts maximum (this is
the standard
factory car radios are rated at) or more realistically 68 watts
minimum into 4 ohms
all channels driven with no more than 5% distortion. If u know
anything about amps
vs watts the radio draws 8 amps at full volume. 8 amps x 13.8 volts =
110.4 watts
and I'll be fair deduct at least 20 watts for internal losses such as
drive motor,
dial lamps etc. What i'm saying is many after market radios do put
out more honest
power than factory radios and usually have better tuners and better
frequency
response also.
This is what is going in my new Dak when it arrives! Anybody want
the CC 40 watt
cassette radio that comes out?
Jim Miller
Waco, Tx