YOUR 31" TIRES?

From: Timothy E McCorkle (strongtower4@juno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 17:55:07 EDT

just read your thread on the "Mudwiser" article in Off-Road mag. all i
can say is CRAP! i really thought i could crank my torsion bars up and
throw some 2 1/2" blocks under the rear leaves and then comfortably run
33's. i too should have looked closer at the front photos. the article
also said that his grillguard was smittybilt. my smittybilt catalog does
not list wrap-around brush guards for the older daks. on your '88 with
31's, why did you choose 10" rims? would you have less rubbing if you had
8's? also, what is your backspacing on your rims? i've determined, from
the DML, that for my '96 i need at most a 5" backspacing (on 15" rims) to
clear all items on the spindles, preferably 4" of backspace with an 8"
width. did your '88 have the "heavy duty" suspension package? my '96 does
and i'm wondering if that adds any height at all on the front. did you do
anything to your rear springs when you raised your front bars? how do you
preload the bars? do you completely unweight the spindle and then rotate
(counter-rotate?) the hexagonal rear end of the bar one "face" in it's
seat? or do you just crank on the adjuster bolts? sorry for all the
questions, but i don't want to screw up my daily-driver.

Timothy E. McCorkle
StrongTower (Proverbs 18:10)

96 4x4 sport, all black, no decals, no emblems, clubcab, 5.2 5spd, h.d.
everything, skidplates, pro-flo filter (love that sound!), 180 t-stat

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]