potential trans problem

From: Guetch1 (Guetch1@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 28 1998 - 01:10:34 EDT

The other day I had to have my transmission pan gasket replaced on my 92 318.
The guy showed me the pan and there was some silver colored shavings in the
bottom. To me, did not look good. Mechanic said no problems now, may be down
the road. Is this something that I should be concerned about???? Is there
anything that I can do now to prevent problems in the future??

While I am at it, I am looking to purchase some sort of cover for my truck. I
have the standard soft tonneau right now, but I also have a racer back which
is cutting into the cover. Can't get a fiberglass top due to clearance
problems when you open it versus the racerback. Any ideas????