Re: RE: Re: Radiator problem

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Apr 28 1998 - 23:22:14 EDT

Well, got the new radiator put in this morning. Brand name on the
radiator is ARS. Dahrl said this is an ok replacement, with Modine
being top of the line. It's all metal and 3 core so it should be more
efficient at cooling than the stocker.

Dahrl had posted to the list about crud building up in the fins of the
radiator and causing it not to cool properly. Mine had some debris in
the lower front portion of it, bugs, small twigs, and leafs. But it
wasn't too bad. Shop said it was probably more age and poor design
(plastic tanks) than clogged fins that finished it off, but it is still
something to look out for. From watching the guy install it, I'd say if
you are flushing your radiator and you have it drained out you might as
well remove it and presure wash it at a car wash like Dahrl said. Took
about 30 min. to pull the old one and put the new one in. I'll probably
do this from time to time in the years to come.

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com