Re: Computer was Jacob's Ignition

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 21:42:35 EDT

> catlin wrote:
> > I'll see
> > how much the wires are and send everything
> > else back for now.

> mpi Wrote:
> according to magnecor... jacobs wires are low-end with only 50 winds per
> inch... even msd is 100 winds per inch and magnecore is the leader with
> 200 winds per inch.
>
> go to the track and look for all the race cars running jacobs wires....
> won't find any to speak of... there is a reason

        Well just to update everyone. I sent everything back including
the wires. I called Mopar performance and they recommended the
Mopar performance wires #P4876432 and Mopar performance cap &
rotor #P4876255 so that's what I ordered. He said it was compatible
with the computer. Speaking of computers the guy at Mopar performance
 ((248) 853-7290 phone number if anyone wants it) said that after market
ignitions were a good way to ruin your computer. He said to reset the
computer disconnect the battery so that's what I did. May take up to 1
week for the computer to re-learn according to Mopar performance if
I didn't damage anything he said. Great after everything Iv been through
that's just what I need a brain damaged computer to match my own
brain damage for tinkering with the ignition.

Mike Catlin