RE: DML Digest V3 #756

From: Suddendorf, Larry (SuddendorfL@cinstate.cc.oh.us)
Date: Fri May 01 1998 - 11:02:05 EDT

Reply to: DML fuel gauge

My 93 is doing the same thing, and my service manual has instructions to
check sending voltages from the tank to the instrument panel connections
to the gauge. That should tell me if the sending unit is bad. I'm
going to do that first. Another potential source is the possibility
that a small circuit board behind the gauge is bad. My gauge reads FULL
ok, but then spazzes out when it drops off the F mark, bouncing back and
forth until it sits on E. I'm hoping it's this board, but haven't
pulled the instrument cluster yet; good luck with yours.
Larry S.
93 DAK 4x4 LE CC 3.9, 5sp and 89 DAK Sport Convertible 4x4, 3.9, auto
O/D