Alarms

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 00:51:20 EDT

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 21:42:05 -0400
From: Craig Baltzer <Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM>
Subject: RE: DML: CC Alarm Systems

Don't know about the EVC II setup in the Daks, but the CC factory alarm
in the Dodge Viper is a constantly changing one. The prob. is that just
about any idiot with access to the factory manual can "re-sync" the
transmitter with the car, so its not much good. I had heard that both
the Clifford and Viper after market alarms were the same (i.e. there was
a "re-sync" procedure that could be used without first gaining access to
the car, in case your transmitter battery went dead)...

Craig

I've got an after market Viper alarm ... if the transmitter battery is
dead, there is a hidden over-ride
switch which works only with the key in and ignition on. This shuts the
alarm off any lets you start
the truck. My door lock aren't electric....must be opened with the key. I
like it that way.

According to the supplier, even the guy who installed it would take 3 or 4
minutes to disable the alarm and get the truck running without a key. I
also use "The Club".

If someone really wants it .... all they need is a tow truck.