RE Clean my engine/alternator distributor

From: John Casall (jcasall@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 16:07:53 EDT

It's not a real distributor actually. It uses a magnet and Hall
effect sensor, so it should be able to handle any amount of water. It
seems reasonable that the alternator should be able to handle water as
well, it probably gets wet in *normal* driving.
*normal* driving for me: every intersection here has dips that flood
every time it rains, and it is quite fun to blast through with my
Dakota. little cars slow down at every intersection.

<I've heard you're supposed to cover the distributer and alternator.
Is this true? No one has mentioned doing it yet. Just wondering. I
still do it by hand/hose/sponge, no high pressure washer for my
engine, given my luck.
 :-)
Later,
Robert>