Re: RE: Towing a Dakota

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 21:46:39 EDT

I wonder if you saw an article on TV a few months ago about wrecker drivers
getting shot at in Texas. Seems state law allows use of deadly force to protect
ones life or property. That includes repo wrecker drivers. I don't know if any
repo drivers have been killed but I do know many have had their wreckers shot up
pretty bad trying to remove a veichle from private property and the law will
usually protect the property owner. I used to drive a wrecker in the 70s and my
boss would not let us repo for anybody because of the laws here in Texas. Kind of
scary. Causes repo drivers to charge very high rates to leinholders to take the
risk. Of course the leinholders charges the cost back to the loan anyway. I am
going to pay cash fir my Dak when it arrives so if I see mine on a wrecker it'll
be broke down or stolen!