Re: fuel injector cleaners

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 13:55:17 EDT

At 10:21 AM 5/5/98 -0400, Rader wrote:
>John C. Worden wrote:
>
>> I read a write up a few years ago in European Car about
>> Lubro-Moly products and tried them. I thought they were very good. I
>> tried their Jectron (injector cleaner) and Ventil Sauber (valve cleaner)
>
> Out of curiosity, where do you get these products? My old man was telling
>me good things about the Liqui Moly synthetic motor oil, and I'd like to try
>it in my Dakota.
>
> Speaking of injector cleaners, the best method is to use the type that
allows
>you to connect a can of pressurized cleaner to the fuel rails. I believe
that
>one of these types is sold under the Lubro Moly name, judging from the Net.

> Ron

I got mine form German Parts and Restoration in San Luis Obispo, Ca. They
are a mail order only coompany. The Jectron costs $5.00 a can. They don't
have a catolog and are very happy to tell you what they have if you call.
Their number is 1-800-321-5432. Website is www.GPRarts.com. I've ordered
VW parts from them and have been very happy with the prices, service,
quality of parts and prompt delivery.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco