Re: New CC Product -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 19:52:48 EDT

Ya' know ya'll, I dunno if I'm all that keen on it. Maybe more harm then
good? Then again, I always get a little touchy when ChryCo and possible
changes to the already awesome Dak is concerned, ya know? I just
hope that it all works for the better.
-mike

>>> Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann@davidson.edu> 05/06/98 03:55pm

They're not merging. Daimler is planning on buying CC for 35Billion. It
would
be like when AMC was created, the "merger" of two corporations to
make a new
one. Chrysler nor Daimler would exist.
If you're still hung up on "buying American" give up now. Chrysler and
Daimler
need the added markets, and added size to make their new products
more
profitable. Chrysler has some new ideas, Daimler buying them will allow
these
new ideas (such as the Intrepid, whose entire body is 6 pieces) to be
more
profitable, with lower costs. As far as economics are concerned, I'd
rather CC
merge w/ VW. VW is MUCH more efficient than Daimler.
With mergers such as these, repair costs (not that that's on my mind, or
anything) will go down, and overall reliability will increase.
Later,
Robert

John C. Worden wrote:

> At 12:21 PM 5/6/98 -0500, Mike Crumley wrote:
> >At 09:06 AM 5/6/98 , you wrote:
> >>Hey Folks;
> >>
> >>What do you think of a possible new **Mer-Dak**. I thought CC
Exec's. were
> >>smarter than coming-up with a merger with Mercedes.
> >>
> >>L. John
> >>
> >>Can we all say, One Big Happy Corp.
> >>

> >Why would merging with Mercedes be so awful? It could be a lot
worse. You
> >could be looking forward to driving a VolksKota.
> >
> >--
> Hey, easy on the VW's! And it wouldn't be so bad with them merging
> considering when I the first annaouncements I heard mentioned
Mercedes

--
Mailto:rotrottmann@davidson.edu
http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/default.htm