Re: New CC Product

From: Klaus Wilkens (klaus@buffnet.net)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 20:40:09 EDT

FWIW Department.

Most new sources are reporting this move as merger but in reality it is a buyout of
CC by Daimler Benz. DB is a HUGE company, much, much larger than CC and Mercedes,
like Chrysler, sells more trucks than cars annually.

CC came very close to being owned by FIAT when Iacocca was in. He also tried to
sell CC to VW in the late 70s but CC was in such bad shape and VW had its own
problems and said no.

DB brings instant prestige and international exposure to CC plus a wealth of
engineering resources. CC gives DB access to the Western Hemisphere's markets,
especially South America where CC seems to have created a presence. It looks like a
good fit for both but only time will tell.

KW