Re: Wed nite drags

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 02:14:11 EDT

At 12:06 AM 5/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>OK all you auto guys listen up. We got into a little problemo tonight. It
>wasn't a pretty sight at all and when you consider all things like age ect.
>then we ain't really that bad off but that dog gone Jon "Force" Steiger was
>terrorizing me tonight and it came dow to 3 Dakotas left and one would get a
>bye run, it was the other guy and Jon and I had to duke it out... The short of
>it was I lost to Jon and then Jon lost to Larry, the hot shot in the 89 Dak
>V6.

  Heh heh heh! Yep, it was a close one! :-) Bill actually ran closer
to his numbers (he was .009 off to my .013 off) but I managed to get him
off the line. :-) Kind of strange; Bill's truck is actually a lot faster
than mine (by anywhere from 3 to 6 tenths) but I was running about .25
seconds faster in the 1/8 mile. I don't have any top end I guess. :-)
 I don't really have anything to compare it to, but my best 1/8 mile
was 9.96. That's slower than most of them on Sean Meldrum's Drag Truck
page, but most of the other trucks I saw at the track were dialed in at
11 or so.

   Kind of neat; out of about 10 or 11 trucks, there were three Daks,
and they ended up 1, 2, 3. :-) The cream just rises to the top I guess!
:-) Get rid of the riff-raff first and let the REAL racing begin! ;-)
  It was definitely good to get another trophy; 2nd isn't quite as nice
as 1st, but I'll take it; way better than nothing! :-) I take some
consolation in the fact that I lost it to a guy who already has a
roomful of trophies. :-) (And of course, nobody loses when two
Daks run against each other.) :-)

>Almost got rained out, really strange the starting line and down to about the
>1/8 was dry the rest of the track was soaked. We road up and down the track
>for about a hour or better trying to dry it off and ended up running 1/8 mile
>rather than the normal 1/4 mile. I like the 1/4 better myself but we had a
>good time. Hopefully we will have our hoods on next week ??

  Yep; I thought for sure we'd get rained out. I think they could've
run the 1/4 mile program; it wouldn't have been any problem for the
street cars and trucks; probably dangerous for the bikes and the
really fast guys though... It was fun, but the 1/4 mile is just
easier to relate to. 1/8th is sort of like using the metric system; I
don't really have a point of reference...

>Well congratulations Jon, you won this one but I'll be back. This ain't won in
>one night, no sir eeee. I show ya them auto's rule...

  Thanks! :-) I'm ready when you are! ;-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.