Re: Wed nite drags

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 00:02:11 EDT

At 09:52 PM 5/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
[...]
><< It was fun, but the 1/4 mile is just
>easier to relate to. 1/8th is sort of like using the metric system; I
>don't really have a point of reference...>>
>
>I like the 1/4 better mostly because I think I could whip ya in the 1/4, that
>1/8 stuff sucks canal water. Boy I tell I am thinkin more and more on getting

   Hey, this is starting to sound like that "sour grapes" thread. ;-)

>a G-Tech Pro from what I've heard they are pretty darn accurate and you could
>test out a lot of things without going to the track.

   Yep; Sean Meldrum and I are working on creating a G-tech type thing
ourselves. It should be a bit cheaper than the G-tech and will hopefully
be even more accurate and have more features. Sean's been working through
the math and has got most of the formulas locked in; just a few snags to
work though. I've been collecting parts to build one; I've got to dust off
my breadboards and get to work pretty soon. I'm not 100% sure wether its
possible or not, but if we pull it off, any DML'er who is handy with a
soldering iron will be able to build their own...

><< I'm ready when you are! ;-) >>
>
>Yeh I figured that, kinda a more interesting fun where we are on the list to
>pick back and forth and then meet at the track and duke it out I mean it
>wasn't the most wonerful experience you know with you comin out on top and all
>but its kinda more fun than bein there with somebody that you only see at the
>races. Do you have any clue what I'm talkin about ? Hey see ya next week, no
>luck on my hood yet how about you ?

  Yep, I know what you mean! And its kind of neat to be able to
"put your money where your mouth is". :-) Any other DML'ers in western
NY? If so, you should come on down to NYIRP and join the fun!
   I checked today and my hood was in primer, so we'll see what's what
tomorrow. Should have it by Wed. for sure, unless something goes wrong.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.