Re: New Dakota

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 18:45:10 EDT

I thought about that. You can put a 360 in a 92+ Dak. A 318 has the same
exterior demensions as a 360, so it would use the same mounts and many
accessories swap over also. I could get a 6 cyl 92+ Dak (6 cuz' I would
swap out the motor anyway, so don't bother looking for an 8), trick it
out.... big rims, lower, etc.... put a great big 360 from Mopar
Performance and stick that bad boy up to a 46RE or its manual equivalent
and you could have a bad ass truck with 380 HP if you get the right
block, and that's before I get my hands on it!!! That would cost a good
chunk of money, but it would be worth it to have a sleeper of that
magnitude. I also tossed the idea around of swapping out a 3000GT
underpinnings, AWD and all. That would make an interesting project!
hhhmmmmmm I kow a guy who has a wrecked 3000GT......
I wonder.....
-mike
miggitymike@juno.com
88V6LE3.55AUTO