Re: DaimlerChrysler

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 21:30:33 EDT

At 08:12 PM 5/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey, wait a minute... what about CC's contract with Caterpillar? If
>Daimler owns Chrysler AND Nissan Deisel, does that mean they are gonna'
>start putting Nissan Motors in the HD Rams, or are they gonna' stick with
>Cat? I'd be interested in seeing how that turns out. I know CC gets a
>good amount of the Towing Set becuase of the Cummins.... I know they
>would hate to loose those loyal customers.....
>-mike

   Good question.

  Also, does this now mean that anyone who buys Chrysler, Dodge, or
Plymouth is no longer buying American? The Dak is now a foreign truck????
  Say it ain't so! :-(

    I understand that CC is just trying to be competitive, but I truly
am concerned about what path CC will take in the future. When there
is a major change like this, it seems to me that things either work out
really well, or really bad; rarely a middle ground. Frankly, I'm a little
worried about Daimler pulling the strings. From what I've seen so far
about this "merger", Eaton will be gone in 3 years and the Germans will be
in full control; what does Mercedes know about trucks?

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.