Re: Crossover in Door....

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 00:25:59 EDT

At 09:44 PM 5/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I've got 6 1/2"s in my doors and they fit just fine not sure of the depth
>in
>them but just remember to watch the windows after you put em in (i could
>see
>robert doing somthin like that!!!).

I just upgraded the factory 5 1/4s to some clearance Optimus 3way 5 1/4s
from Radio Shack at half price. Not the best speaker; 30w rms, REAL soft
woofer, but only $25 so I'll live with it compared to the factory ones :) .
 These speakers are almost twice as deep (huge magnet) as the original
factory ones and i get a clunk as the power windows go down. But they do
go down all the way so i think it's just loose wiring and will fix it soon.

The hole in the pre-97s is odd shaped and looks like there should be room
for separates or 6 1/2s.

CU
   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
{ }|| | | ||{ } mmeye@umr.edu