Re: Fuel injector upgrades?

From: Klaus Wilkens (klaus@buffnet.net)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 21:00:18 EDT

The PCm can control the injectors to a point, but only to the limits that are
programmed in. In my experience with 2.2 turbos you can go 5 -10% larger with
mildly modified engines and the computer can compensate in the closed loop
operation.

CC vehicle all use a speed density system which does not measure air flow. The
air/fuel ratio is predetermined (programmed) in the computer. During closed loop
operation the O2 sensor monitors O2 content and the computer adjusts the injecor
pulse width to maintain the proper O2 level.

KW