Re: RE: DML Digest V3 #773

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 21:01:38 EDT

<< I have a MSD 6A on my truck...... With the plugs gapped open more power has
 increased alittle, the truck also idles 100 times smoother .... starts are
 easy too.

 waste? I doubt it.. on a stuck truck, maybe... i think the idle improvement
 alone was worth the ~$140. >>

This could be true I would certainly hope it would help something. The fact
that we have found is that it hurt performance. I know on mine I lose 2 tenths
in the 1/4 when the MSD 6A is hooked up and I usually cannot pull the
Stonybrook Hill without shifting down. With it switched off I get my 2 tenths
back and can pull the hill even with a extra paaenger ?? There are two other
verified cases of similar results but both of those were with the Jacobs Pro
Street units. It just doesn't make sense but is fact..

Bill