Re: slushbox to 5 speed

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 21:35:43 EDT

At 09:01 PM 5/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

><< As far as the rubber things go, mine
> are plastic and they are sort of like a big screw; you turn them clockwise
> and they get lower, counterclockwise and they come up. >>
>
>Mine has them too but there were 4 rubber things, 2 @ side, that the stock
>hood hit against. I had to take them off to get the new hood on but I think I
>am going to get another set and then modify them a little to work with the new

  Ahh, ok. I was thinkin' of the two things up front; yeah, I've got
those too. (My truck only came with two though, on the right side)
I checked with a local Dodge dealer, and they wanted something like
$3.50 each!!!!!!!!
   I checked with Koller Dodge, and they wanted $1.10 each. That's
more than I think they should be, but its a third less than the local
rip-off joint. They arrived today, but they're different than the
stock bumpers. They're a little different shape, but they're solid,
which I figure will make it easier to trim and carve them. I can
give you the part number if you'd like it. I can bring one up Wed. if
you'd like to see what they look like. I'm definitely going to need them;
the hood wouldn't close properly with them in there, so it was installed
without 'em, and it was starting to shake and shimmy a bit at highway
speeds.

>hood. I checked into painting it myself and called and talked to Terry. I
>think I'm going to chicken out there is a big difference in painting now and
>back when I had done some painting. And the stuff hain't cheap. I figured I'd
>just take a whack at it and if it didn't come out right just sand it down and
>try again but then the guy started adding up the cost of the needed material
>and was up around $130 and I said whoa there I think I better step back and re
>group. I guess I just at the mercy of the body shop and will have to wait it
>out. Dang dang dang...

    I picked mine up today; looks nice. :-) (Ahhh, I can feel that
redlight brewing!) ;-)

><<But I can't shift with my fingers crossed! :-) Yep, hopefully the
>weather will turn good and they'll run a full 1/4 mile program so I
>can whoop ya at that too! ;-) (I even have a plan: I will intimidate
>you with my hood; you will feel inadequate, and in your rush to prove
>yourself, you will redlight.) :-)>>
>
>BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA You are looking at the new and improved speed racer here,
>no more red lights and 1st place tophies.. I will be jealous of your hood
>though but I can focus it out during the races.

   Hmmm, maybe so. :-) But when you're sittin' at the line, try not to
think about your RED truck and the ram-air hood sittin' next to you which
is identical to the one you've got at home (except of course that yours is
going to be RED), or how RED your face would be if your REDlighted. By
the time we get to bracket racing, the sun will be setting, and it'll
probably be RED, creating a RED sunset and putting a RED hue on everything
on the ground. red red red red red red red red red.

red.

   (Is this working?) :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.