mileage improvements / ignition defense

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 10:41:26 EDT

Hey guys, been gone for a while, how=27re things going? Checked a few of =
the archives, and just wanted to add my =240.02 to the whole fuel economy =
/ aftermarket igniton debate.

I got a 1mpg improvement with the installation of a Jacob=27s =237 Custom =
Magnum Team. Not what they claim, but if you drive alot of miles it may =
be worth it (I got mine for =24288). I did some crude before & after =
=22strip=22 testing and didn=27t notice any significant difference (no =
slower, but no faster either).=20

I know everyone is down on the Jacob=27s for performance improvements, but =
what do you expect when you install the Pro Street version (for heavily =
modified vehicles) on a street driven Dak with relatively few mods? You =
need to remember that your engine works as a system, and when a part of =
your system is far more capable than the rest, that part won=27t be able =
to work the best that it can. Sorry, just had to get that off of my =
chest.

Stephan M. Boianoff
stephan.m.boianoff=40boeing.com
=A198 CC Sport, 4X2, V8, 5-speed, 3.55, pretty much loaded
FABM, Jacob=A2s =237 Custom Magnum Team, Borla =2314740 Cat-Back,=20
SnugLid, MOPAR under-rail liner, Protecta HD mat, SSE Street Hitch,
Hoppy T-Connect lights, Husky Floor Liners, custom tunes... =20

=20

                                =20