Re: Att: Lance , RE: R/T envy

From: Munypit 94 (Munypit94@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 20:15:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/1998 2:45:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
James_Henry@willbros.com writes:

<<
 Well Lance, I am glad you and your DAK are so good....I just wish people
would quit slamming the R/T and just be glad that CC built it and maybe in the
future they will built others. Its about time CC built a performance oriented
vehicle that normal people can afford. If CC ever starts selling Viper's for
$20K, I'll be the first one in line!

 P.S. My whole point was that there are other ways to gain 79 hp other than
spending a lot of money on a blower.

 let's see what it costs for the blower hp: $3000/79hp = $37.97/hp

 let's see what it might cost to build up the engine:
 Port & polish stock heads and add better springs = $500
 extrude hone stock intake and port match to heads= $300
 Roller cam & Roller rockers = $450
 ported TB = $275
 Headers = $375
 MP SBEC = $250
 (all of the prices I listed are accurate to the best of my knowledge)
 Total= $2150

 price/hp = $2150/79hp = $27.22/ hp

 Your prices may vary, but this is just a comparison anyway.....plus, if you
built your motor like this first and then add a blower then you would make
some serious power!

 -james
 RC R/T >>

Yes, it might be cheaper to do the engine, but the blower is going to make a
bigger impression at the truck shows, may even give you more points with the
judges. I dont think that saying R/T what...... is really bragging. I don't
know about the rest of the people on here, but I thought that was what fixing
up your vehicle was about (making it different from the factory version)
whether it is engine, body or anything else you modified on the truck. I show
my truck and I think there is too much fighting on the brand name you drive or
how fast it goes. I just don't understand why people just can not look at a
truck and if you like it, tell the owner and if you dont like it, just walk
away . No one is telling you that you have to like, it's just that the owner
does like it, and that's what counts anyway.