Re: headers & x-over pipe

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 09:53:29 EDT

No one I know of other than the Doug Thorley MP headers have a replacement
crossover pipe. I had a good exhaust shop replace what's in front of the
convertor with 2 1/4" aluminized pipe and a flowmaster Y-Pipe(I had him
install the O2 sensor in the Y-pipe). The larger diameter pipe, removing the
nasty kink and the Y-pipe made a huge difference in performance. I followed
this work with a 3" high flow cat and 3" Flowmaster Big Block muffler and
3"Stainless tailpipe off a V10 pickup. ETs dropped 4 to 4 1/2 tenths. Total
parts and labor was around $620.

Andre Mauboussin
95 Dak 14.70&94.5mph