Re: About the Latest Tests

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 12:14:27 EDT

Pytho212 wrote:

> Whats the deal with those tests Comsumer Reports put out? According to them
> the Dakota is a piece of shit that will kill you. I guess the lighter the
> vehicle the less damage it will have when hitting a solid wall. But what
> about a dakota vs. a average family car. I'm sure everyone on this list has
> strong views on the subject.

  I think CR need to take a look at the graphics page on the DML website.
Especially Josh Brown's pictures. You know the guy who got hit head on by the
bank robber at about 125mph. He would have walked away with nary a scratch if
he had worn his seat belt, but even without it he still kinda walked away (ok,
limped). I don't know maybe it's me, but that seems like a pretty damn safe
vehicle IMHO.... I doubt he would have fared as well in some of the other
trucks. I also agree with what someone else said about crashing into immovable
objects. Sure it's gonna tear the hell out of them when you hit a concrete
barrier that doesn't give an inch. I'd like to see any car come out of that
test without injury to the driver.....

--Mike