Leach Headers?

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 08:17:11 EDT

  Hello Mike,

>Just got off the phone with the Leach Co. they make
>the headers for Mopar. He said they just finished
>the prototype headers & cat back for the R/Ts.
>He said it should give a pretty good boost in performance
>but no dyno test as of right now. They are long tube.
>5.2 Dakota headers won't work since the R/T has dual
>pipes all the way to the cat and a larger trans to go around.
>They should be ready for production in about 6 weeks (no
>guarantee though). They also said the big restriction in the
>current exhaust is the down pipes where the bend in the pipe
>closes the pipe down (so I assume shorty headers wouldn't
>help this). The cat back they will have is a true 3" the
>current R/T cat back is actually 2-1/2" with a 2-1/4" restriction
>inside the muffler caused by a bend in the pipe inside the
>stock muffler (Stock muffler is straight through but the pipe
>Z bends inside the muffler). The only part of the stock that's
>3" is the very end of the stock tail pipe. Anyway it sounds
>like this will be the setup I'll use. Thanks Jim for the info.

  Do you know if these exhaust components will be available factory
direct, open market, or Mopar Parts only? I've never heard of Leach,
where did you? How do you contact them?

>One last note. One of the guys I spoke with today said
>they got some of there biggest gains out of the Dakota
>they tested with Crowler Roller Rockers.

  What kind of gains are possible? What must be done to install them?

                Thanks,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
NOTE:   Anti-Spam Address! Please