Re: Re: 87 Dakota Sleeper

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 12:46:01 EDT

At 10:17am 5/14/98, Robert Tufts wrote:
>Cant you just drive into another county come inspection time? Although I
>hear it's
>coming I've never had them look at my engine in Ontario county, even
>though they're
>supposed to do a visual inspection to see you didn't remove the emissions
>stuff.
>A refereshing difference from MA, which I left 5 yrs ago (jamb a probe up your
>tailpipe...at least no dyno-emissions there though<yet?>).

Not yet Bob. I believe that since MA seems to follow in lockstep with
California it may be coming soon. The Mopar Preformance mods (that have CA
emission approval!) pass the visual even though there is a hell of a lot of
chrome there that isn't on the original. The emisswion/gas /service
station just looks to see that I haven't removed the cat or added a cat or
(a lot harder to see on a Magnum) removed the emissions systems like the
hose farms on furds and chebbys.

Cheers,
Bill Countie
'94 Sport (4/5ths of the R/T package)