Re: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 09:34:36 EDT

jules wrote:

> > I have no problem with somebody
> > running a mail order business out of their house,

> if ya' gonna bitch... at least get the facts right...

  I was referring to the gentlemen's comments who drove out to 902 Livernois
and got a gander at the address you do your mailorder business from. I apologize
if my actually sticking up for your mailorder business bruised your ego, Jules.

> > If you pay big speed shop prices, you should get friendly expertise and
> > treatment to justify

> you call a $5 bill... "big speed shop prices?"... boy, you must be a
> real ball on a date! :)

  No, I call ~US$180 for the same Addco kit I got at AutoZone for US$107
"big speed shop prices." There is absolutely no way I will ever be able to
take advantage of your claimed technical expertise, since you are in TX and
I am in NC, so unfortunately the only good MPI is to me is as a mailorder
house. Obviously I was stupid enough to shell out $5 only to find this out,
due to your repeated solicitation over the DML. Trust me, pal, I won't make
that same mistake again.

If ya' gonna bitch (and launch personal attacks)... at least get the facts right...

> (yawnn!!!) don't you guys have anything else to bitch about? if i am so
> (*&^% bad... then how come MPI continues to grow in leaps and bounds?

  Obviously not due to mailorder sales.

  It's gonna be real interesting when the economy dips, people don't have big
toy money to spend on your claimed expertise, and MPI starts shrinking in
leaps and bounds.

> our business is not tied to it at all. so please find something else to
> talk about or change an attitude... how could we continue to grow if we
> were SO rude to everyone... huh?

  Of course not! I'm sure you kiss every fool's ass who walks through
your door, checkbook in hand, and wants to shave off a few tenths.
I highly doubt you'd respond as you have via email to my face.

  Not all of us in mailorder land are dumbasses, Jules, and most of us do
expect businesses who presume to do mailorder to treat people with a LITTLE
bit of civility. And if they are "too busy" to do so, they either hire
somebody to handle the mailorder, or they get out of it and concentrate on
what works.

  There are plenty of other fish in the speed shop sea.

  Caveat emptor, potential MPI customers!

  Ron