Re: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 16:29:00 EDT

At 01:27 PM 5/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>James Henry wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about the rest of you guys, but there is NO WAY I would
EVER pay $900 for a throttle body!!! That kind of price is insane! There
is no way that a ported throttle body can provide enough of a performance
gain to justify the expense. Hell, for that much you could buy a Nitrous
system and re-fill the bottle approx 20 times! Nitrous will give you
proven gains in performance from 100-150 hp over stock. I doubt very
seriously that MPI's $900 TB can do that!

>> -james
>> RC R/T
>>

> Dear Doubting Thomases...
>
>some of you guys may be missing a very important point. there are beer
>incomes and there are champagne incomes. the beer guys are happy with
>beer... and the others... well they have other higher more refined
>tastes. Beer incomes oft have beer attitudes... i prefer the refined
>person... all else being equal. beer people through stones at the
>champagne guys but the reversal is not so true...
>
>there is one fact that all of the personal BS can't dispute. I (MPI) has
>done over 1,000 custom tbis... not one has come back except a P/S 8.0
>unit.(weak injectors) That returned item went to next customer in line
>who is very happy.
>
>I sell the absolute best tbi in the world... it is a part that
>transcends simple port work. it is in many respects artwork. and I
>sell it Satisfaction Unconditionally Guaranteed. The statistics speak
>for themselves! :)
>
>I seriously doubt if all of your economic forcasts of the forthcoming
>doomsday economy will affect us as my customers... generally speaking
>are not affected by such fluctuations. MPI will not be affected
>either. (fingers x'd) and i do business with many 19 year olds working
>to sqeeze a $ for some parts and keep up with their truck
>payments...even high school kids...
>

>once again... the DL bashing of jules has gotten out of control. This
>is hardly constructive to the goals of this list. I am through with
>this thread. Kindly respect the others to whom this is of no interest.
>I prefer to get on with the task of taking care of my customers.
>
>to those i have wrongly suggested incorrect information... i apologize
>:)
>
>to those that i have pointedly hit the nail on the head... just stick
>it!! :)
>
>see ya... we have had another very busy day here at MPI... America's
>(undisputed) independent leading performance center of late-model Dodge
>Dakotas, Durangos, GC Jeeps and RAMS.
>
>j/mpi
>
>ps: i really wish i could run my shop from my house... maybe then i
>could just hang out in bed and drink coffee and watch the satellite
>between sales.
>
>PSS: gee... and i was just about to offer a DML group deal of crower's
>1.7 performance kit (PK) with guideplates and .050 pushrods at $119.95
>per set...

 As a recipient of several misguided missle attacks, I feel your pain.
 We can all talk about putting a R/T into the 13s for a thousand dollars,
 but it is not going to happen.Getting 20 horse out of a fresh air system
 is easy,but obtaining BIG gains,as most of us know, is very expensive.No
way around it.From reading Jules catalog
and posts,I think he is probably has
 more technical expertise than any of us. If you don't like his prices or
 can't afford them, look elsewhere.

 Tony