Re: Sound damping Material

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 22:39:06 EDT

Here's a suggestion, a guy I know up here is a Recording engineer, and he
is ANAL about sound quality, considering he has a masters degree in
Accoustic Design..., but about stuff that matters... =), he forkedout
some serious cash and had the cab sprayed down with Line-X. The thing is
HEAVY, but you can hear a pin drop at 70 mph in his truck. It's
amazing!!! Feels really sturdy, too. I don't like DynaMat personally, way
too expensive. I'm pretty sure there is cheaper stuff out there, but
don't qote me on it....
-mike sykes

miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com
88V6LE3.55AUTO

"You can't legislate morality......."

On Fri, 15 May 98 17:43:30 EDT HKUSP40578@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
>OK well had anyone ever use products like Dynamat or any other sound
>damping materials before like the ones in Crutchfield?? I am replacing
>my
>speakers in my doors and I know how bad my door virbrates already with
>my
>stock speakers. I figure while I am going to have the door panels off
>may as well put some in there, I am just curious if it REALLY works
>and if
>it is REALLY worth the $$$$! THANKS AGAIN!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]